Restrictions currently in place at Mercy Health Victorian communities
The Victorian Government has announced a snap lockdown from midnight Friday 12 February. Visitors are not permitted in private homes.
Mercy Health recognises that residents live independently in our Seniors Living communities, however we urge all residents to observe current restrictions. The current lockdown is in place until 11.59pm on Wednesday 17 February.
Victoria’s lockdown rules
There are only four reason to leave your home:
- shopping for essentials
- care and caregiving
- work, only if it is essential.
You cannot have visitors to your home.
Public gatherings are not permitted.
Exercise and shopping are limited to a five kilometre radius from your home.
You must wear a face mask whenever you leave home (indoors and outdoors).
Please consult the Victorian Department of Health website for more information about the current restrictions.
If you have any questions, please contact the Manager.
Restrictions currently in place at other Mercy Health communities
Do not visit:
• if you live, work or have visited a known coronavirus hotspot in the past 14 days
• if you are unwell, or have been looking after someone, with cold or flu symptoms
• if you have returned from overseas in the past 14 days
• if you have had contact with a person who has coronavirus.
During your visit to any of our communities:
• use alcohol-based hand rub before and after you visit any resident’s home
• use a tissue and cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, or cough into your elbow or upper arm
• stay in your loved one’s home only
• keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from residents and others in the community
• avoid all physical contact of any kind (including hugging or shaking hands).
If you are Seniors Living resident who volunteers in one of our co-located Residential Aged Care homes, please speak with the Lifestyle Coordinator at your site.
If you cannot find the information you are searching for on this page, or if you have other questions or feedback, there are a number of ways you can get in touch.
Last reviewed March 19, 2020.