Nestled among leafy gardens and minutes from the heart of Cairns, Coral Sea Gardens villas and apartments offer a relaxed, tropical lifestyle with all the amenities you need, right at your doorstep.
With a wide spectrum of healthcare supports and subsidised care packages available on site for your convenience, you’re free to explore the surrounding beachside paradise with family, friends and neighbours.
A range of optional care specialists are on hand to help you maintain — or regain — independence in the comfort of your own home. Meanwhile, the golden sunshine and gorgeous natural surroundings come as standard. Imagine picture-perfect living with the support to go at your own pace: that’s Coral Sea Gardens.
Book your tour of Mercy Health Coral Sea Gardens Retirement Village
Arrange to visit for a cup of tea and a tour, and get to know our friendly faces. You can explore the village, get a feel for life at Mercy Health Coral Sea Gardens Retirement Village and find out more about moving in.
Coral Sea Gardens is a friendly community of like-minded people with the facilities to support your independence today, and cater for any care needs you may have in the future.
- Mercy Health Home & Community Care: If required, we offer fee-for-service assistance or subsidised packages through Mercy Health Home & Community Care, so you can maintain your independence at home for as long as possible.
- Residential Aged Care: With Mercy Place Westcourt residential aged care home situated just next door, we provide the assurance of convenient access to high quality care as your needs change.
Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in the captivating tropical heart of Cairns. Beyond the lush scenery and year-round sunshine, Coral Sea Gardens Village offers a range of amenities for your comfort and convenience.
- Community Centre. Catch up with friends or make the most of some downtime at our exclusive Community Centre. Get involved in the social program and get acquainted with your neighbours and friends at frequently scheduled events.
- Choice of living styles. Our varied floor plans and villa styles offer a spectrum of choices to accommodate your lifestyle. For residents with a green thumb, we offer one, two and three-bedroom villas with a small garden. Alternatively, enjoy spacious apartment living with the choice of two or three-bedroom contemporary styles.
- Security. With security cameras dotted through the village, security screens on doors and our Village Watch Group, you can be confident in the safety and security of your home.
- Accessibility. Our village is designed for equal access, with wheelchair access considerations throughout. Our grounds are level and our apartments feature lifts.
- Access to ongoing care. Situated adjacent to Mercy Place Westcourt residential aged care home, you have access to a comprehensive range of aged care services should your care requirements change in future.
Apartments offer contemporary living through a range of stylish, modern features including open-plan living, gourmet kitchens with stone bench tops and stainless steel appliances, large balconies, ample storage, lift access and secure underground parking. There are various floor plans of our two and three-bedroom apartments.
Refurbished one, two, and three-bedroom villas offer contemporary open-plan living, with spacious bedrooms, a single lock-up garage and low-maintenance gardens.
For those seeking a more support and convenience around the home, serviced apartments feature provided lunches and dinners, and light housekeeping services (including cleaning and laundry for linen and towels).
In the area
Local attractions include:
- Cazaly’s Dining, Sports Bar, Entertainment and Cafe: 1.1km
- Brothers League Club Restaurant, Cafe and Entertainment: 1.2km
- West Cairns Bowling Club: 110 m
- Cairns RSL: 2.7km
Local shopping available at:
- DFO Cairns: 900m
- Cairns Central Shopping Centre: 2.2km
- Stockland Cairns Shopping Centre: 2.5km.
Entry is via the Mercy Place Westcourt driveway. Parking is available to the right of the entrance, next to the plaza area and reception.
The Cairns Sunbus service frequents the area:
- 133 – Brown Street (DFO), 200m to Cairns CBD
- 141 – Brown Street (DFO), 200m to Stockland Cairns
- We can also arrange transport via the ComlinkBus Service.
News and events
Our monthly Residents’ Dinners are held at the end of each month. We also welcome all residents for Sunday BBQs in the Garden Room.
Painting classes take place every Wednesday at 1pm. Get creative and uncover your inner artist with classes for any and every skill level.
Exercise classes are held every Thursday at 10:30am. Everyone is welcome and classes cater for all levels of fitness and experience.
Our village provides a friendly community
Our village provides a friendly community where residents enjoy a high quality of life in a tranquil environment. Our community environment provides supports to remain independent for as long as possible, and to cater for future needs.Michelle — Retirement Village Coordinator
I looked at the villas and thought: I’d love to live in one of them
Margaret — Resident
I like my independence, but here I am confident that there’s a nurse on call if I need more care one day
Kathleen — Resident
The staff are happy to collect our mail while we’re away so we don’t have to worry about a thing
Ned — Resident
Ask about life at Mercy Health Coral Sea Gardens Retirement Village
If you have any questions about life at Mercy Health Coral Sea Gardens Retirement Village, the process of preparing for a move or anything else, please get in touch. We’ll find the answers and be in contact with you shortly.
Last reviewed June 20, 2018.